Friday, August 22, 2008

Learning to Golf

Last weekend Phil taught me how to golf! Or at least how to drive. Here is what I learned:

1. Swing the club straight back, not behind me.
2. Keep my left elbow straight and caulk the club with my wrist.
3. Swing through with my hips following.
4. Keep my head down.
5. Follow straight through.

I did awesome! I only missed the ball one time. And most of my hits were right down the center, about 100 yards out. And most importantly, I had fun, mainly because Phil is a great teacher :)

After one more practice tonight, I'll be putting my skills to use, probably sooner than I should. Phil and I are in a golf tournament tomorrow morning, Chipping Away at Cancer at the Legacy Golf Resort. I'm really excited, although I doubt the rest of our foursome will feel the same after they find out I just started playing golf this week, and this will essentially be my first time playing on a course. Luckily it's best ball. I don't really know what that means, but apparently it's a good thing. I'm primarily there to provide entertainment and a good laugh :) Wish me luck!

UPDATE: The golf tournament was a blast! I had so much fun and really started catching on towards the end. The highlight of my day was hitting a 125 yard drive and landing it on the green! Overall, it was a really great day and I learned a lot. I'll definitely be doing a lot more golfing :)

2 comments:

nealy said...

I bet you're a cute little golfer! =) How did the tournament go?

alan and steph said...

that is too fun!!! I wish I knew how to golf.