Thursday, July 31, 2008

Acoustic Guitar

I've always found the acoustic guitar to be completely irresistible. Nothing beats the simplicity of an acoustic performance. Some of my favorite songs are just a beautiful voice and guitar. Ani DiFranco "Both Hands," James Blunt "Fall at your Feet," Tristan Prettyman "Melting," Howie Day "Ghost" (old skool), Dave Matthews "#41," and of course, my good buddy Kethro. After constantly listening to all of these incredibly talented musicians, it's pretty intimidating, but I'd really like to learn to play the acoustic guitar. If nothing else, it'd give me an even stronger appreciation for those musicians. But I'm hoping that it'll be yet another creative outlet for me, and maybe even a good stress reliever. Don't hold your breath waiting for me to start singing while playing though. Perhaps that's where some of my hesitation comes from, I'm pretty self-conscious about my voice. Now, rocking out to Real McCoy while cruizin down the freeway is a different story. But singing in front of people, no thanks. I think I'll hide behind my guitar. If I had one. In which case, I'd get something like this Takamine, with a natural, reddish finish. Because it's pretty :) Anywho, I think that will be my little project for the evening, to have Phil teach me the basics of playing acoustic guitar. Then fall asleep to him playing for me. My fav.


1 comment:

Kiki said...

I've always wanted to learn to play too! Maybe someday.